Friday, July 24, 2009

What to do?

S’s parents are here one more night before they leave for a week. So we get a night out! Wahoo! Except we can’t figure out what to do. We went out for so much food in the past week on vacation that we’re kind of “food’ed out,” but maybe this time we can go out to eat and stay within my diet. That would be a novelty! That means salad bar or Mongolian Grill. There’s not really any movies that mutually pique both of our interests. He’s sci fi and fantasy; whereas, I’m thriller, scary movies and stupid comedies. We occasionally find middle ground on romantic comedies.

We talked about the comedy underground. It’s really seedy – sticky tables, sticky floor, smelly, etc.

I checked out the plays that are playing in the area. It’s mostly Shakespeare in the park. Eh, we’re not big Shakespeare fans, and I’m allergic to the park. So that’s out. I did see one play that looked somewhat interesting. I sent the link to S to see what he thinks.

Date Night is starting to look weary. Any ideas???

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Is Orphan out yet??? That looks REALLY good(for a scary movie)!!

B said...

I totally want to see Orphan! But it's not S's type of thing.

We need to do a double feature of Orphan and Julia/Julie. I'd totally do it! Maybe we can meet in Utah or something. ;)