Thursday, July 9, 2009

Elvis and Cheese Straws

Today I went back to the Asian market. Tomorrow starts Biggest Loser 2009 Part II, and I need to have healthy food stocked in the fridge. I got lots of produce and continued to look for the soy juice. Still didn't find it. When I'm in a more exploratory mood, I've got to try some Asian veggies. There's a ton that I've never heard of. There's one whole long line of green vegetables, and I only recognized a handful of them. Sad, very sad.

The music wasn't as good this time. Did you know there's an Elvis XM radio station? All Elvis, all day, all night. That's a lot of Elvis. Can you imagine deejaying for an Elvis station?

Not much else going on. We've got to majorly clean because the in-laws will be here in a week. Their room isn't ready. The house is a sty. We need to get "in-law food." What is in-law food you ask? It's the dichotomy of really healthy (MIL) and really unhealthy (FIL) food. FIL is diabetic and shouldn't be eating any of the unhealthy food. Alas, he eats a huge ice cream sundae and then complains how he can't eat Yoplait yogurt because there's "too much sugar" in it. And that sundae was sugar-free???

Starting next week this will probably be in-law rant zone. They really are nice people, but we drive each other nuts after 3 days. Be forewarned.

Today I tried 2 new recipes with Miss J, our little anorexic. I've got to upload a video which is case in point. But anyway I tried so hard today. I made her a yummy and artery-clogging concoction of egg yolks, cheese and heavy cream. Like a fluffy egg casserole. She refused it, so guess who took a few bites of it? Yes, me, the person who does NOT need to gain weight.

Then I tried to make cheese straws. Yes, cheese straws straight from Paula Deen for my anorexic daughter who loves cheese. Butter, heavy cream, lots of cheese, flour...can it get higher calorie and higher fat than that? No, not really. And guess who rejected it? Yep. And guess who's left to eat the cheese straws? Yep. After she rejected the cheese straws, she ate 8 grapes.

Who in their right mind would refuse cheese straws and eat grapes? This is not my child.



She ate 17 oz of formula (4 of those ounces occurred at 1am this morning, but it counts, right?) & 8 oz of milk/juice out of a cup.

No comments: