Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I gotta be me

Remember how I was reporting that Live Journal users lament about how "mainstream" Blogger is? As if "mainstream" was this hideous adjective that would be almost the worst thing in the world to happen. There is a very pervasive Blogger community of moms. They do common topics every day and link to each other's blog. I suppose it's a great way to meet people on the Internet. I've checked out about 10 or so of these blogs, and there is definitely lots of pink and flowers on their blogs. And lots of pictures of cute kids. Hmmmm... I don't do lots of pink or lots of pictures. I looked at their daily blog activities. It's a lot of work. Of course you don't have to participate every day; that takes a bit of the pressure off. I thought perhaps I could participate occasionally when the topic looked good. It's been 2 weeks, and I haven't been inspired by any of the topics. Except, of course, I'm inspired by how uninspired I am by any of the topics. I'm not sure if it's me clinging onto this refusal of being mainstream (a la Live Journal), of if it's me really not being on the same wavelength as the typical woman, or if my inherent "non-joiner" attitude is still pervasive, or if I simply haven't seen anything that interests me.

It's interesting to note that none of my friends do these blog activities either.

I'm going to try to upload a video. This is Julia doing her relentless 1-year old "thang." We're trying to get her to say "up" when she wants up. Currently she just screams. Our thinking is that if we give in, then she will learn that screaming will get her what she wants. We're not trying to be mean; we're just trying to get her to say "up" and ignore her til she says it.



************
11.5 oz of formula out of a bottle, 3.5 oz of juice & milk out of a cup

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I heart Miss J. I hope she says "up" for you soon! Maybe "quack" means up in another language?

B said...

Miss J hearts you. I think "quack" means what we are. Quacks!

Marie Tere said...

Oh Miss J....I will teach you to "sign" up .... will that work daddy?