Saturday, July 18, 2009

Date Night

14 oz formula (bottle) with Simply Thick

Tonight we had date night while all of the grandparents watched Miss J. She loved being the center of attention for hours on end. We loved getting out. It was a win/win as far as we're all concerned!

We went to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past at the cheap movie theater and went out to dinner. I think I'm one of the few women alive who doesn't really like Matthew. The accent, he always plays the same type of guy, Dickens twist on a stereotypical romantic comedy. But it was the only movie S and I agreed on. He wanted to see Harry Potter (I didn't). I already saw The Proposal with a friend, and he would've seen that. We also considered Obsessed which was also playing at the cheap movie theater. I suggested that we see the movie that got the better ratings, and Ghosts won by a small margin. It wasn't bad, just a stereotypical romantic comedy with not the most engaging leading man. Sorry, he doesn't do anything for me.

I'm more of a Josh Hartnett kind of girl. I like the brooding, smart types. Or if you're not brooding, at least be funny like Will Smith. Maybe that's why I like S. He's a tad bit brooding, but not too much. There's only so much a person can take of brooding English majors. And it's can be a bit annoying to be around someone who makes fun of every single thing. S is a nice balance.

Sunday morning we live on our little vacation. 2 days in Olympia. It's an hour away. It'll be nice to get a change of scenery, get 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep, and we'll be staying on the water. Miss J will continue to be adored. Let's just hope the grandparents push fluids. She's notoriously bad at fluid intake.

Well, I'm going to sound off for the night. We have lots of last minute things to do tomorrow morning - like pack! And I need to go to the store because FIL drank all of Julia's whole milk.

He says skim milk upsets his stomach. Has anyone ever heard of fat-free milk upsetting your stomach but fat full milk settling your stomach??? I wish he would just admit that he LIKES whole milk better. Geez, call a spade a spade.

2 comments:

Marie Tere said...

You know he likes whole milk...he knows he likes whole milk...why argue :)

Have a faboo trip in Oly. I hear it's quite the happening place. Simone probably could have given you the hot spots! You are adventurous, you will find them! Have fun and try to make another baby ....hahahahaha, I crack myself up! xoxoxo

Karin said...

oh i am so excited for you guys!! 2 nights away... that's awesome! i bet she will do great too what with all that attention. :)

it's amazing what a little time apart can do for everyone :)