Monday, July 13, 2009

The Perfect Purse



Sunday: 13 oz by bottle, 2 oz by cup
 
So far the first day on this new food selection went okay.  I went to Trader Joe's today and found a chocolate sorbet that I can eat.  Woot woot!  I'm pretty sure I can eat it because it had sugar, that gum stuff & cocoa.  It was dairy-free.  And it was so chocolate-y.  There was leftover salmon at work for lunch.  There was some sort of cream sauce on it, but I scraped it off (or most of it).  I also had the chocolate sorbet for lunch.  Breakfast was fig bars and fruit and cucumber.  Dinner was salmon, rice & veggies. 
 
I think I'm going to first get the foods that I can eat figured out.  Then I'll start counting calories and points once I get into some rhythm with the acceptable food list.  Eating produce and meat is so much easier than figuring out from the nutrition facts on a box if I can eat something, so I may just primarily stick to produce and meat and thereby stop counting the calorie counting.  The "fake" carb stuff (like gluten-free cereal bars and cereals) is so expensive anyway.
 
I can eat oats, so I'm presuming I can eat oat flour?  I read that wheat products are often produced with oat products, so there is very likely cross contamination.  Yet another reason to stick with "fresh" food. 
 
Unlike most other women, I just want one purse.  Black because I don't wear brown.  I have a black purse, but the problem is that the majority of it is a snap, and there's only 2 small zippered pockets.  The snap closure is not really all that effective because the biggest part of the purse is susceptible to spilling contents when turned upside down.  If my purse falls or is held captive by Julia, contents spill.  It's also how I lost my cell phone in 2007.  And I do NOT want a repeat of that now that I have the new phone. 
 
So I got a new purse today.  Here were my criteria for the new purse:
 
1. Black
2. Zippered pocket with easy access to iPhone, charger & earphones.
3. Secure outside pocket for keys so I don't have to put them in the main compartment
4. I don't have a wallet, so I need an organizer thingie where I can put credit cards, ID, cash, etc. 
5. Zippered main compartments - 2 or 3.  Not a fan of one main compartment because then it just is like a big ol trashbag.  Need order.   
6. Not too big, not too small.  Call me Goldilocks.
 
I found one!  It's hits most of my criteria.  The only thing it doesn't fulfill is that it only has 1 main compartment.  However, it has 3 small compartments on the outside.  1 of those compartments is a mini wallet organizer thingie.  1 is for keys, and the other will be for my iPhone & accessories.  Because I can access the phone, money & keys without going into the main compartment, I think I'll be okay.  The main compartment has some extra room, so I can easily throw in my camera or even a paperback book.  Awesome!  And doubly awesome because all of the compartments except for the keys compartment are zippered.  No stupid snaps where things fall out when the purse is upside down.  Even though the keys compartment is a snap closure, it's a relatively small compartment & they can't fall out when snapped.
 
Hip hip hooray for my perfect purse!  Even better, it was on clearance.  $16 and genuine leather.  :)
 
 


3 comments:

Karin said...

yeah bethy! it is so rare to find THE purse. i've only done it a couple of times. my latest problem with purses was that i was trying to include baby stuff. WRONG PLAN. now i actually carry a red clutch! (with matching red wallet) works when i don't have the boy and when I do I can put my purse into the diaper bag!

Scrapping in Circles said...

I love to just have one purse too. I hate changing purses because it takes time and there's always a good chance you'll forget to transfer something.

I wear both black and brown, so I used to try to find a purse with both black and brown on it...which is difficult. A couple months ago I found the perfect purse for myself. It is red! Surprisingly it goes with almost everything and adds fun color to my outfits.

I do keep baby stuff in my purse. I just can't do a diaper bag and a purse. I would leave my purse places everywhere. I try to keep the baby stuff limited and store extra stuff in the van just in case.

Congrats!!!

Ann said...

I only carry one purse too, always black. I usually buy a fairly expensive one and use it for at least a few years. My current one is only a year old, which gives me a couple years to get a decent job so I can get a replacement. Changing purses all the time is way too high maintenance for me.