Monday, July 13, 2009

1 for me

I can now do e-mail blog posting.  I so love iPhones and technology!  Who would have thunk that this little machine could play music, call people, give you GPS coordinates, access this thing called the internet, pay your bills, and entertain you when you're bored?  Simply amazing!

I'm so getting tired of people asking me when I'm having another child.  I answer, "Never."  Then they say, "You can't be serious.  You'll change your mind soon."

So if you ask me something and don't believe my response, then why did you ask me?  Yes, a woman reserves the right to change her mind.  However, what part of "never" seems negotiable? 

Nev-er.  Let's practice it:  nevvvvvvvver. 

Would you prefer that I smirked and said, "We'll see?"  Frankly, that's such a stupid response because then you have some sort of hope that I'll have another when the actual chance is maybe 1%. 

The actual reason is that Julia is so high maintenance that I cannot imagine taking care of an easy newborn, much less if I got bestowed with another high maintenance, non-eating baby.  At that point, I would be running for the nearest bridge. 

Then people would say that once Julia is 5 or so years old, she'll be easier to deal with.  And then, then, then maybe I'd want another.  Ummmmmmmmm I guess it's possible.  Maybe.  But I'd still be very fearful that it would be another baby with blood curdling screams for 12 hours a day for the first 6 months and then not eating after that. 

I'll do pregnancy, I'll do birth, I'll financially support a child.  But I will not go through this or worse again. 

I think the best solution is that YOU have a baby and I'll just babysit whenever you want.  Since you're so concerned with reproduction, then you can do it.  :) 



15.5 oz formula & 0.5 oz out of cup

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I hear ya, sistah! 1 is it for us too. I'm too old to do this again.

B said...

My nerves can't take it.

B said...

My nerves can't take it.