Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Part 1 of the mission accomplished

Today I not only pulled up my mid 2007 jeans, but I zipped them AND buttoned them AND didn't die from lack of oxygen. I'm thrilled! The jeans are seriously 80s (i.e., tight), and I have a major muffin top. So I'm not quite there yet, but I'm a lot closer. Right now they would be only appropriate to wear with a big sweatshirt, and since it's 80-90 degrees out, that ain't happening. They're staying in my closet.

I have to keep my weight in perspective. I lost 15 lbs before I got pregnant. I lost it with the intention of gaining it back during pregnancy. So right now I'm under my "normal" weight by 5 pounds or so. The aforementioned jeans were my treat to myself when in the summer of 2007 when my other jeans got baggy. Yeah, yeah, they still don't quite fit. If I lose 10 additional pounds, I'll be back to where I was right before getting pregnant.

There's a semi nude picture of me floating around in cyberspace. It's my end shot for Biggest Loser 2009 Part I and my beginning shot for Biggest Loser 2009 Part II. I had hoped to be at goal by now. I'm not. I'm not terribly disappointed about it because frankly I cheated on my diet a whole lot. Losing 20 pounds in 6 months isn't too shabby. Those people on the real Biggest Loser lose that much in 2 weeks. Lifestyles of the Poor and Stressed doesn't give me a personal trainer and personal chef.

Only 26 pounds to go to be at my driver's license weight! :) I swear it was true back when I was 16.

No comments: