Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bearded Ladies and other oddities of life

- It seems like the new thing is to have toilet paper holders that only are attached in one spot. When we remodeled the master bathroom, we got one like this. And there was one at the B&B last week. What a stupid invention! Really, you need toilet paper holders to be attached in two spots. Otherwise, a stray hand (or a stray baby) will launch the roll of toilet paper. When it's only attached in one spot, you merely slide the roll onto the spindle, which is easier. But it's soooo not secure.

- Why does Marie Callender's have a salad bar for $10.50 when they have menu items that are $6 & it costs $3 to add a salad bar? I don't get why you would pay $1.50 more for less food.

- Strange looking employee at Blockbuster. It looked like a lady in her 20s, but she had a beard. Yes, a beard. As in tufts of hair sprouting off her chin. I am stymied about what is going on with her. I don't know about you, but most women in their early 20s are self-conscious about facial hair. So if she indeed had some weird beard thing going on, then you'd think she'd wax it.

That leads me to believe the beard is purposeful. So is she a woman who wants to be a man? Or is she a man who's becoming a woman? I kinda wish Julia was at that age of 3 or 4 when she'd ask in her naive child way, I could admonish her, but perhaps the employee would say what is actually going on.

- Let's not talk about Julia's sleeping in the past 24 hours. Let's just say there have been "issues."

- I wonder if half & half is a liquid version of speed.

2 comments:

Karin said...

My friend's mom's girlfriend (who is younger than me) has a beard. I've met her and she's really nice, but didn't have the nerve to ask about the facial hair. Pretty sure it's intentional. The whole situation is pretty odd though.

B said...

Maybe some lesbians grow a beard for some reason I can't quite figure out?

It's gotta be purposeful. Like taking hormones or something???