Monday, July 20, 2009

No more Stepford Wife propaganda

I love reading blogs. I love reading my friends' blogs, but they don't blog enough to satiate my blog reading need, so I've started reaching out more into the cyberworld. I started following some of those women with the flowery blogs about life is perfect as a stay-at-home mom, they have perfect children and a sexy husband and they want to lose just 10 more pounds, and they have encouraging quotations or Bible verses in pretty cursive in their headers. Then they do those cute daily blog activities about the cute things their kids say.

I just can't do it, people. I want to retch after reading it. (If you're reading this, you do not have one of these nauseating blogs. It's not you I'm referring to. You do NOT have all of the retch-inducing blog criteria.) I'm not sure what it is about their blogs that just makes me want to retch. Am I jealous? Oh heck no. Well, okay, I'll take the perfect child part. :)

Maybe they seem like Stepford Wives or something. I am soooooo not a Stepford Wife. Yes, I drive a wagon with sliding doors that certain people may insist resembles a minivan, but if you open the sliding door, you're apt to hear Tupac or Snoop Dogg. Of course, when Julia's in there, we listen to 80s or something less explicit. I draw the line at listening to Baby Einstein or lullabies while in the car.

So I stopped reading the Stepford Wife propaganda, and it's a very nice change of pace since I added quite a few more interesting people.

Now that I'm starting to follow more blogs, I'm really enjoying the varied reading. There are such interesting people out there in Blogland. And when I log into this site, I always have such engaging reading. Love it!

And can I reiterate how much I love the iPhone? You can geocache with it!!! Is there anything this little gadget CAN'T do? Well, it can't do housework, but I can use it to get a maid.

Peace out.

4 comments:

Ryan, Corrie, Max, and Jack said...

Hmmm am I Stepford wife? I hope not... cuz I'm not! I've been lagging on my blog posts, so nothing new to entertain you, I'm sorry. =( I shall attempt a new one... sometime soon.

B said...

Corrie, NO! You're not a Stepford Wife.

Geez, you have to hit all the criteria to be considered a Stepford wife. If there was a way to message you in blogspot, I'd send you a prime example. Maybe there is. Let me do that.

Marie Tere said...

I have family like that :)

All about looking good! Usually at the expense of something else.

But if you look deep .... everything is not as perfect as it seems.

Ann said...

I didn't know you liked Tupac and Snoop Dog! I love them. Sophie doesn't listen to them, but she has been listening to the Beastie Boys since the womb.. I am so not a Stepford Wife. I'm like the anti Stepford Wife..