Monday, July 6, 2009

MJ is taking over my TV

I just read an intriguing blog from a young man in college who's trying to find his way. He's quite the thrill seeker and nature lover. Oh, and he likes anime. On the surface, he's someone I would appear to have nothing in common with. Especially if he reads most of my posts about a daughter who doesn't eat. But if I peel back all of that, he would realize that we were more alike than different. I have to try to make sure I don't hide behind my daughter all the time. People told me that when you have a kid, you no longer become the center of attention. Ummmm, I never wanted to be the center of attention, and I'm kind of happy to have someone to take the attention from me. I can't use that diversionary tactic of a cute kid too much. It will become a crutch.

I got a reply from the child care licensing place about that lady from last week. Yep, she failed to supervise a big incident. I called her and left a message that I wouldn't be able to make it today for the interview. She called back (dang caller ID since I hadn't left a number). Thank goodness she got my voicemail, and she left a message to call her and reschedule. No thanks. Don't want to leave my child in the care of someone who doesn't supervise. And particularly one who doesn't want me to drop by unexpectedly and wants me to work far, far away.

Who's watching MJ's funeral? CNN is having all day coverage. It's going on 12 days of all-day coverage. I'm so Michael Jackson-ed out. He's as controversial dead as he was alive. Give me back Middle East news or even human interest stories of people losing their house to foreclosure. Please, anything other than MJ. He's dead. You can't change it. We've seen hundreds of hours of retrospectives on his life in the past 12 days, which I'm sure any of us could have created ourselves from our memories. We can all picture the Billie Jean video, the child abuse allegations, him dangling his baby, his ever whitening skin, weird nose, his white kids that we knew couldn't be his biologically, that oxygen chamber thing, Bubbles, his first marriage to Lisa Marie, the Thriller video, the Moonwalk, his influence on pop culture, the sequined glove, Pepsi, Macaulay Culkin.

I hope tomorrow is more productive. My work computer downloaded an update today, and it said to restart. Restart caused this perpetual safe mode loop. My computer was in technology all morning. That really slowed me down. I don't like feeling unproductive.

No comments: