Thursday, July 23, 2009

I gained a newborn

Ick, I just stepped on the scale. I wanted a preview for tomorrow's weigh in. I knew it would be bad since I had gluten and dairy, lots of both, on my vacation. And my theory was that it was better to throw my pity party now instead of tomorrow morning. Drumroll... I gained a newborn in a week. I have no one but to blame but myself. Sheesh, talk about weight gain!

I'm back in the saddle after vacation, but it's going to take several weeks to get back where I was. Eating out is so expensive, and it throws off my diet mojo. And let's not forget how awful the tummy was feeling from Saturday - Tuesday. It's just better all around if I stick to the diet.

These politicians... I really don't get them. If I lived my life in the public eye, I would stay on the straight and narrow. Do you know how many people would love to blackmail you for every little thing? So I wouldn't solicit sex in the bathroom, wouldn't have a gay lover, wouldn't have a soul mate lover in Argentina, and I wouldn't be trafficking human body parts or fake designer purses. Heck, I don't do any of that now! But I especially wouldn't do it if I lived a public life.

Have they released MJ's toxicology results? I know the family is claiming murder, but that's got to be because of elevated levels of something in his system. Heck if I know what happened, but I do know the man had a whole slew of psychological issues. Pill addiction is not out of the realm of possibility. I'm not in the camp that he was murdered unless some persuasive evidence comes out.

Better hit the hay. I have a feeling Someone Who Shall Remain Nameless is going to wake up again tonight.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I feel your pain about the easy weight gain. Ever since I quit nursing I gain weight so easy. I was out of town this week, and I do gained weight. I wish it came off as easy as it goes on.
I am glad that the food elimination has you feeling better. I think I am going to have to eliminate more food from M's diet :(

B said...

Krista, I ate crap when I was breastfeeding and still lost weight. Now I have a few refried beans and gain 2 pounds just looking at them.

Poor Miss M. Even though the allergist swears up and down Julia doesn't have an allergy, I definitely think she has my intolerances and sensitivities. But I don't want to eliminate gluten and dairy with her because that's where she gets almost all of her calories. Ugh, isn't it so disheartening the limited diet they have to have?