Friday, July 3, 2009

That's some crazy stuff

Why oh why did I read the child care license revocation page Leigh Ann suggested? I wish Washington had something so thorough. The Georgia one has a letter to each person who got their license revoked and then spells out in detail how they violated all of the laws. I only got through 4. Allowing the known sex offender to take kids on field trips was icky. Then the provider son who sexually violated a daycare girl was nauseating. Then there was good ol Serita. Let's just not talk about the 20 kids she was "tending to" and the crazy prisoner boyfriend who abducted the kids. Then there was another lady whose violations, while many, didn't come close to the 3 other gems.

The Washington one doesn't have that. It just shows the law violation. But you can kinda piece together some things. So this chica that I talked to today got in trouble in 2005. I checked out the law on all 5 of the valid complaints she had in this one instance. The facility environment wasn't up to snuff. She was shown to not be providing sufficient nurture and care. She didn't have adequate records. She failed to supervise, and the kicker is that she failed to report a serious issue. Based on the regulations, the best I can piece together is something BIG happened. It could be something like there was sexual abuse between daycare kids or her kid with a daycare kid (maybe that's because I have Georgia on my mind). If you report a big issue that has merit, then in comes the failure to supervise + failure to provide sufficient care + failure to have adequate records.

She's out of consideration completely. S told me that if parents aren't allowed during the day, Julia's not allowed during the day.

Now I have to tell her I won't be coming by on Monday.

Please oh please let daycare work around the bottle issue until we can get her to take in more fluids during the time she's there. I can go with the flow on everything else. As long as there isn't a whole slew of violations like above.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I told you to break out the kleenex and the pepto bismal! After reading all those(I could not stop reading them even though I was getting sick.), I am even more certain now that a daycare center is much safer unless you know the home daycare provider personally.
I am sure the daycare will go along with the bottle especially if you have a doctor's note!! Pray about it and then follow your heart <3

April said...

LoL, I just want to go read through for the ones in my area, just to be nosey!

B said...

I would have hoped that if that I was one of those parents, I would have noticed that she had 20 kids instead of the handful she was licensed for.