Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Last Hurrah

Saturday: 13 oz formula, 3 oz by cup

Today was my last hurrah before starting my new food elimination thingie tomorrow. Sayonara ice cream, bread, cheese! Today I had cheese, cake, ice cream, breaded shrimp, and lots of other "bad for me" things.

I spent some time at the special food section of Fred Meyer. Do you know how many products available are dairy-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, nut-free, and egg-free??? Not many. The few that are available are hideously expensive. I found some raspberry fig bars that fit the classification, and then I read the ingredients. There's pineapple juice in there! I can't have pineapple. Then I'm supposed to take a probiotic, and there's casein (milk protein) in it. See how frustrating this gets?

Can I just say that having other women's husbands hug me is really creepy.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Okay, you can buy rice flour and tapioca and make rice bread. There are also rice pasta and rice noodles. And Walgreens carries a completely dairy free probiotic capsule.

B said...

Me make bread? You must be joking! I did see rice bread in the store. That stuff is like a rock.

I did pick up some rice pasta and some quixona (something like that) pasta. I'll see if either of those will be a good pasta substitute.

Thanks for the dairy free probiotic.

Good lord this stuff is confusing.

Ann said...

Some how you are going to have to make yourself less huggable. Maybe I can give you lessons. I am obviously unhuggable:)