Friday, July 10, 2009

It's in the shop

My work computer is in the shop, that is. This is the second time this week. I've been swearing in my head plenty today.

_______ stupid _____ _______

The blanks are curse words, and Marie doesn't like me to use the word "stupid." Oh well, it is stupid.

____ing stupid _ss _hit

I can go to 2 other computers. There's my old computer, which crashes anytime I open Excel or Word. It doesn't crash right away; rather, it crashes about 5 minutes after you open it and every 5 minutes thereafter, so you have to save every minute or so, or you lose what you've been working on in the last 5 minutes.

Then there's the other computer (which I'm on now). It doesn't have the software I need. So why am I here? Well, it's freaking hot where I sit, and this little area is nice and cool. Spending my lunch blogging is free therapy, right?

****************

I have done something stupid. I committed to C that I would do the walking half marathon on November 29th. C wants to do the full marathon. Are you freaking kidding me? She says it wouldn't be much. Oh yeah, I walk 26.2 miles every day (sarcasm dripping). The half marathon will be enough. I will take it as success if I even complete it.

Why did I do this? Well, I think it will help with BL09. I'll have to train for it, so I'll have to be more purposeful about walking. Training will force me to exercise. And I have wanted to do it before. I seriously considered in in 2007, but I was pregnant, and I wasn't sure my husband would have wanted me to do that.

Changing topics, do you know how much S loves his little girl? A ton! He absolutely adores her, and she adores him. I call myself Second Fiddle. He is her world, and if he's in the vicinity, she must be near her daddy. When he leaves her sight, there is always a fit/temper tantrum.

She likes me. She even loves me. I know that. She does want her mom to cuddle her and pick her up and play with her. I don't really mind being Second Fiddle, especially since First Fiddle is legitimately the best daddy in the world.

I do wonder how First Fiddle will react the first time Miss J brings home a James Dean lookalike on a motorcycle. You never know, I may one day be First Fiddle when that happens!

No comments: