Sunday, July 18, 2010

The one thing we must not joke about

Today was freaking weird. For the past week, I've been getting by on 6ish hours of sleep at night, and yesterday I had a nap. That's actually not bad. It's much better than the 4 hours a night that's more typical during the work week.

Today I woke up at 7am after going to bed at 1am-ish. Again, not bad. I stayed awake until 10:30am. Then I took a nap. Until 2:30pm. Then we went to a birthday party. My allergies started acting up. We got home at 5:30pm-ish. At 6pm, I fell asleep on the couch, and my darling husband told me to go to bed. I went up to bed and slept. Again. Til 10pm.

In summary, I woke up at 7am and had TWO four-hour naps today. It's 11pm now. And I'm still completely exhausted. I don't feel particularly sick, other than my stupid, persistent allergies.

And then I try to think logically about such things. What could it be? And then I think (and perhaps you think this too), what if I am pregnant?

No...no...no...must not think about it. That must not enter the mind in any sort of way. That would be completely ludicrous. God's sick joke.

I'm going back to bed and pretend I did not think of it.

No comments: