Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Countdown to Being Bedridden - repost 9/11/2007

The wisdom teeth will be coming out in 34 hours, which means you'll soon be entertained by Vicodin-induced rambling posts.

I'm planning on staying in bed for 2 days. Last time I was only in bed for 3 hours. I'm 5 years older this time & am not sure I'll heal as quickly. So plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Always the planner, I had planned bedrest projects. I was going to put together the new photo album, do homework & finish a cross stitch project. It turns out I completed the photo album last night, finished the homework last night & tonight finished the cross stitch project. Being productive early in the week gave me precisely 0 bedridden projects for later in the week. I need to look at other options.

Option B is writing rambly blog posts.

Option C is reading. I got 2 Sedaris books, 2 books on living in the Midwest during the Great Depression & a book on buying a franchise--all from the library. (Libraries rock. I love everything about them....air conditioning on hot days, books, free public service, info about anything only a few feet away.)

Option D is writing more of my short story. I haven't written anything in months.



I learned today that MIT offers FREE online courses! Almost ALL of the courses they offer at the undergraduate and graduate level are available. You can't get course credit unless you pay--that's the one hitch. But imagine all that knowledge at a click of a mouse. I think it's the coolest thing ever!!!! You know I'm a nerd, and you know I like free stuff. So just let me bask in free nerdy heaven, and if you're interested check out this link: http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm

Nerdy girls will rule the world one day!

No comments: