Friday, July 2, 2010

Catbears or Bearcats

I always say that I was a cat in a past life because cats LOVE me. I've seriously had cats chase me down the street trying to jump on me. It's not a hostile thing. It's more like they see me and become transfixed. Not sure why. It's not like I am transfixed by them and give out any vibes that I want to be approached. I'm so freaking allergic to cats. On top of that, my grandmother thought cats were the devil reincarnated, and she taught me to fear them. Cats probably freak me out so much because I get this unnaturally positive reaction from them. Not once, or twice, it's more like 100 times. Thus, I think I was a cat in my past life. Maybe the Queen of Cats. It could happen, right? Or I smell like catnip. Is that more plausible?

During this week off, I wanted to do a lot of reading. Last week I put a ton of books on hold at the library, and they started coming in during the middle of last week. I really enjoy going to the library to pick up a big ol' stack of books. There's something so wonderful about carrying the stack to your car - the anticipation of getting lost in so many different worlds of characters and plots.

The only thing that can beat that feeling is getting a big ol' pile of food at the grocery store. I love, love, love food shopping. Since we're a small family (with 2 out of the 3 people who don't eat much), I never really need to buy a lot of food at one time. But if there's a good sale or we get particularly low on food, I love getting a full cart and filling the whole back of the car with food.

The front of the car filled with books, the back filled with food. How could it get any better than that?

So then I think maybe I was a bear in my past life since I have this compulsion to gather an obscene amount of provisions before going on a staycation/hibernation.

More evidence: I have gained 5 pounds and read 10 books in the past week or so.

Maybe I was a bearcat or a catbear in my past life? A cross between a cat and a bear?

No comments: