Thursday, July 22, 2010

Grocery Store Show and Tell

I liked doing Plagiarize Yourself Wednesday. I love going back into the past. It's funny how 2-3 years ago feels like just yesterday and eons ago, all at the same time.

I went grocery shopping tonight. I spent $19.57. Here's what I got:


Sorry about the quality. It was with my phone and then I compressed it to "small." Yikes, resolution sucks.

Here's the breakdown, since you obviously can't tell from the picture:

Box of Caprisun
5 pack of Kraft mac & cheese*
4 extremely long English cucumbers**
5 packs of Kraft singles***
2 pounds of plums
2 pounds of grapes
Gallon of whole milk for the thin people I live with
5 cans of black beans
5 cans of pinto beans



* Hey, it's for Julia - do you know how many calories are in that? Okay, and maybe I eat the powdered cheese. Gawd, I'm so white trash.

** Never buy just cucumbers at the store. People look at you weird. A few years ago I did that, and the cashier (female) made some comment. Then I realize that, oh, this could look very weird. Now I always buy cucumbers along with other things. Tonight I bought the longest cucumbers I could find. 17 inches!!! Holy cow, ouch! I mean, if you're into that type of thing. Not that I am, just after that comment I will never look at a cucumber the same way.

*** More evidence I'm white trash. And I got a $5 off Catalina if I bought 5 packs of Kraft cheese. Since I went at 9pm at night, all the "real" cheese was gone. Oh well, I like this stuff on my turkey & black bean burgers. It never seems to expire.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

That is awesome! Love it! Yes, we have the $5 Kraft catalina thing going on here at Kroger too. I got one from buying shredded cheese and then I got another from buying cream cheese(Philadelphia was included too). I love the catalinas!
Way to shop!!! :)