Tuesday, July 6, 2010

60 pages

I was going through my old creative writing attempts today. I have actually 60 typewritten pages of a story completed. And I have at least 10 pages written for each of several other stories. As I knew would happen, after I take on a huge reading spree, I get this desire to write more.

The thing with the 60 page story is that I'll really have to read it closely if I want to pick up where I left off. The stories where I have 10 pages already written...not really feeling it.

But there's this one story where I left off 3 pages in that I feel some promise. I think it could go in an interesting direction. The main character seems very, very multi-dimensional. I have to make it a priority to work on the story.

Back to work in a few hours. My ineffective productivity at home for the past 10 days has reiterated to me that a) I need to work and b) I need to stick with taking off a day here and there vs. a block at a time.

No comments: