Sunday, July 11, 2010

Caffeine and distraction and heat

It's been a very distracting few days. I'm working on a personal project, it's flipping hot, and I think I accidentally gave myself a caffeine overdose. Normally I just drink water. I have never drank coffee. I very, very rarely drink soda. Maybe herbal tea occasionally.

It's been so hot & S + his parents love iced tea. Plastic bottles of iced tea where on sale at the store this week, and I bought 48 bottles of it. Seriously, a lot of iced tea. I put it in the fridge, and since it's been so hot, even I have been drinking it. Kind of excessively. Like after work, I'd have 3 bottles of iced tea between 5pm and 10pm. And I haven't been able to go to sleep until 5am. After lamenting about this yesterday, my father-in-law said those had a lot of caffeine in them. Really? I didn't think tea had caffeine. At least the tea I drink occasionally always said it's decaffeinated. Different types of tea, I found out. Hmmmm....maybe that's why I the perpetual sleeper has slept 10 hours in the past 4 days.

My mind has been elsewhere lately, I'm hot and cranky, and sleep-deprived. It's a lovely combo, isn't it?

I will be back after I finish my personal project, catch up on some sleep, and it cools off some in this house.

No comments: