Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wounds and putzing

Yesterday I was talking on the phone and decided to see if the plums on the plum tree were ripe. Put on my sandals and fell down the stairs. Okay, "stairs" is a bit of an overstatement. Two steps is more accurate. Down I fall, but of course I protected the most important thing: the iPhone. My legs are quite icky looking. Lots of bloody wounds, particularly on the right leg. I am such a klutzy idiot. I cannot talk on the phone and descend "stairs" at the same time.



This morning I decided to send a few things out. I don't know about you, but I dread the whole packaging and USPS process. Being klutzy and an idiot, I feel like I spend two hours doing something that should take 10 minutes. I have to retrieve some stuff, find appropriate boxes/envelopes, pack them up, and address them. Then take them to the post office. Not horribly difficult in theory. Yet I struggle to find the stuff I'm trying to send, comb the garage for appropriately-sized boxes, fight with the packing tape, lose the packing tape argument with the packing tape, try to find an alternate method, haul it all to the post office, have the post office lecture me on my alternate packing tape method, and blah blah blah. Two hours later, I relish that the task is done, but I lament just how long the whole thing took.

I bought Julia her first doll today. Well, she had a plush baby doll. But after this weekend when Julia stole another child's doll, I decided she deserves her own doll. Like the type of doll with a plastic face. Also got her a pop-up toy since she doesn't have any. And then a little doggie that walks and barks. She's fascinated by doggies.

4 comments:

Karin said...

May the klutzy idiots band together and celebrate (or nurse our wounds)!

I can't talk on the phone and cook. I get it from my mother. Gab, gab, gab... smells like burning...! It's definitely hereditary in my family. Maybe a headset would help... no, I'd just break/lose/step on it. ugh.

B said...

We can be hopeless together, Ms. Karin! Our husbands must shake their heads in wonder about how we function at work. Seriously, it's much better than at home!

TJ said...

I hope it wasn't the USB cable that was causing you so much trouble. I already feel bad!

B said...

Oh, no, TJ, yours was by far the easiest. Just pop into an envelope! I hope it arrives okay because I took the lazy way out with yours by using the envelope. Packing tape and me do NOT get along.