Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Paper Waster

Merrill Lynch is such a paper waster. My lovely husband has $7 (yes, $7) in a retirement account through Merrill Lynch. He had thought he rolled over the whole balance years ago, but somehow a few months ago $7 appeared in the account that he thought was closed. Maybe it had to do with the buyout of Merrill Lynch and ML stock? Oh, who knows.

Anyway, he has $7 in this stupid account. And he proceeds to get 26 page statements from Merrill Lynch. 26 stupid pages to tell you that you have $7. Sheer brilliance.

I love, love, love, love, love, love my 401(k) statements. They are 1 page (front and back). So easy, color coded. Merrill Lynch? 26 pages and you can't even figure out how you got $7 magically appearing in your account.

Yes, I'm going through years of paperwork/filing right now. And ML ticks me off so much that I have to rant about them.

No comments: