Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Those testers must be smoking crack

I went to JC Penney today because I got a handy little coupon in the mail. And I had the day off. And I was going to be in the area. All that combined means I had to go to JC Penney. Wish there was one closer though. I got 3 t-shirts for Julia (NOT onesies), a 5-pack of black socks for me, black work pants, and a cute shirt all for $27 after coupon.

I have to buy some jeans for Julia. She seems to be in 18 month now as far as height goes. Her 12 month jeans are looking like capris or maybe even bermuda shorts. The problem with 18 month jeans is they are made for an 18 month old belly, not Julia's. So then I may have to use a belt. Can you even buy belts for toddlers? There is a belt with her khakis, maybe I can use that one. I do like her in jeans because they hide the dirt and food stains better than pink pants.

Also need to get her some sort of riding toy. She's obsessed with the ones at daycare. Maybe there will be a yard sale around here. Like a little car she can be like Fred Flintstone on.

I did not get to cleaning out my closet today. It's a big ol nasty project that I'm avoiding. Also off tomorrow. That's my big project of the day.

Not sure I like my new camera all that much. Maybe I'm becoming a camera snob. Just read a Consumer Reports that rated my new camera as excellent. It also says that it takes 450 shots before recharging the battery. I've taken about that many shots with it, but I've changed batteries about 10 times. Those camera testers are smoking crack, I tell ya. They must NEVER use the flash, stick to standard mode, and - heck - even then I probably would have changed the batteries 7-8 times!

3 comments:

Scrapping in Circles said...

A lot of places have pants with adjustable waists nowadays. Both my nephew and my son always were skinny and required them. The problem with belts on little kids is that they make diaper changes take longer and are impossible for potty training. It used to be that only expensive brands offered adjustable waists (and I don't mean just elastic, but actually adjustable elastic like some maternity pants have nowadays), but now they are common in all types of brands.

That "plastic graveyard" that you all made fun of out near the cabin where you vacationed would have been a good place to check for a used toy car. That's the type of plastic stuff they resell there.

BTW, do you only work some of the days a week, or do you use your days off at various times?

B said...

I haven't seen any adjustable waist pants, but I must be honest that I haven't looked very hard. Might need to do that sooner rather than later!

I know, should have picked up a plastic riding toy there. Maybe I have a reason to go down to Olympia again, and then I can see you guys!

I take off Wednesdays during the summer. And I had a few more days to take off by the end of the year (our year ends in August). So I took tomorrow off too.

Scrapping in Circles said...

Any reason to come see us is a good one. They have adjustable waist pants for kids all over nowadays from Old Navy to Target.