Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stuck in the Teens

Julia was born fairly large, and she gained really well while breastfeeding. (Memo to the world: Don't stop breastfeeding even if your child screams while eating. Your child will likely scream while eating formula but will gain even more slowly.)

At 6 weeks old (July 17, 2008) she weighed 10 pounds, 3 ounces.

On July 25, 2009, she weighed 19 lbs, 5 ounces.

For over a stinking YEAR she has weighed in the teens!!! It's not like I'm going to face her forward in her car seat when she turns 20 pounds. That's not why I'm anxious for her to get to 20 pounds. I simply want that first digit to change to 2 for the novelty of it all. 2_, doesn't it sound so much more "heavy" than 1_?

I think I've figured out what I want this blog to concentrate on once we get Miss J on the eating track. I want to itemize everything I spend and cut as many corners as possible. A money-saving blog. I'm sure there are tons of them out there, but might as well add mine to the mix.

I've got to get better at this blog socializing thing. Most of the people that come here I know, which is great. But there's this huge network of blog folks that I'm not sure how to infiltrate. I guess I need to first find a money blog, follow that one, then stalk their followers. Right? Is that how it all works?

For now the money blog is a 2010 theme in progress. Of course I'll interject gripes about work bathroom air fresheners and Mother In-Law's obsession with reducing tupperware sizes as leftovers get eaten. And of course I'll lament my toddler who likely won't eat very well. I can never stick to one theme very well, but I thought it would mix things up and help me be more conscientious about fiscal matters. And being a financial planner in education as well as life experience, I could pratter on about IRAs and 401(k)'s until everyone's eyes glaze over. My nerdiness will flow through in all its glory.

No comments: