Sunday, August 30, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday: 20 Questions

Check out Amber's blog and participate in Friend Makin' Monday!


1. Do you cook every night?
Nope! My version of cooking is dumping cans into pots and heating the pot. :)


2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?
Most of the name brand detergents smell so heavy, and I'm allergic to all the perfumes. So I tend to stick with lower grade brands and add Oxyclean.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
Usually Friday night, Sunday night, and one night during the week. Probably 5 loads a week is our average.


4. How often do you eat out per week?
It varies. S and I might meet for lunch, we may pick up a pizza. Probably 1.5 is our average.


5. Where do you usually eat out?
Pizza Hut, Applebee's, Stanley's


6. What is your favorite retail store?
Target (except the stupid online Target that takes 3 years to ship out anything) and grocery stores

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?
Water, OJ, milkshake


8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?
Vitamin D - 2000 iu
Fish oil
Should be taking multivitamin, but gosh my body hates iron.


9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
I dunno. We split the dishes, I do the laundry, we both pick up stuff.


10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
I so wish! Couldn't she mow the lawn or something???


11. Do you go to church?
Occasionally

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
No

13. Do you keep a working budget?
In my head

14. What do you do at night as a family?
Dinner (as much as we can with a 1 year old), playtime


15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I like to start out the week with clean clothes, but that's about as organized as I get.

16. What do your mornings look like?
Make bottles & sippy cup for daycare, take shower, get Julia ready, try to get her to eat her first breakfast, take her to daycare, go to work.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
6:16am or earlier

18. What time do you go to bed at night?
Not very predictable. If I take a nap (i.e., the weekends), I go to bed late (12-1am). On a normal night, probably by 10pm.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
I'm very much a proponent of staying on top of it and paying things right away and tossing as much as possible. I put things that need to be filed into a pile to file later.

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
Oh dear, my calendar is in my head, and I don't have any charts. I suppose if S was motivated by stickers and Julia was old enough to understand the concept, we might have one. As much as people think I'm Type A, I actually have some very Type B parts to me.

10 comments:

Adie said...

found ur blog thru FMM.
Love getting to know fellow bloggers!
im with ya on cooking .. i usually just throw into a pot and go!

Kenlie said...

I like to get laundry done before the new week starts too. :)

Tanielle said...

One of the best days ever was when my son was old enough to mow the lawn!!:-) Sorry but you have a while:-) Cooking to me is throwing stuff in a pan. Hope your day is great!

Annie said...

Great answers! I love that you wish your one year old would mow the lawn. LOL!

Ally Wasmund said...

Great answers!

Stopping over from FMM :)

Happy Monday!

That Girl said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!
love your list!

HaB said...

Oh My!!! I remember the days of making bottles for daycare!

Happy Monday to you!

Nicole said...

I love your #1 thats so me =D Happy FMM =)

Amber Filkins said...

Okay, you make some good points. First of all, it was so eye opening when you brought up type A/type B personalities.

All of those tests tell me that I'm type B, but this whole survey was pretty type A, wasn't it!? I hadn't ever thought of how type A I sounded during all of that, lol.

Great answers! Nice to meet you!

J.J. said...

I love me some Pizza Hut, I also dig starting the week with all the laundry clean. :)