Friday, August 7, 2009

Gosh it's quiet

The in-laws left a few hours ago, and it's weird to have the house so quiet. The TV isn't on at deafening levels. No one's yelling at the TV. No one's reading books to me. No one is repeating the same thing they've already told me 12 times. No one's saying, "She just wants to wet her whistle." No one's asking if they can get me something to eat.

I like it, but it's ... weird.

And it's weird to be able to watch any channel I want to.

I sold the pack n play. Woot woot! $50 + I can get out of bed without hitting it. I'm not getting any hits for the other baby crap I have. But for some reason Graco playpens sell like hotcakes on Craigslist. Just passing that tip to any of the other moms.

My laptop has seen better days. As in, the AC adapter won't charge the battery, so my laptop only works if it's plugged in. I suppose that part is workable, but it also has "issues." Namely that it got some nasty virus that I still think is affecting it. It's slowwwwww. As in, I can't download anything and be on the Internet at the same time. I bought it in January of 2006. So it is approaching its 4th birthday. I guess come September I'll look for a new one. And September is when I was going to watch my money more.

I find it interesting that people in the South say PO-leese, and people in the North say po-LEESE for police.

No comments: