Thursday, August 20, 2009

Annoying Husbands

I ♥ this blog: http://myhusbandisannoying.com

It's all in good fun. It even seems like her husband is stoked that he's the sole recipient of her blog posts. He probably even does stuff purposely now just to see if it makes it into the blog.

I couldn't do a whole blog on my annoying husband. The number one reason is that I'm far more annoying than him. And number two, after 9+ years of marriage, my list of his annoying traits is rather short.

1) His very loud jaw while chewing. If he's eating anything that requires a lot of chewing, there must be background noise or it's like nails on a chalkboard. He doesn't know this, but my mother's slurping of wet food is far worse on my ears than his chewing. When my mom slurps her soup very, very loudly, I want to scream, "Don't you know how rude that is! You're not in Japan, for God's sake!" Yes, I get overly annoyed by chewing/slurping. Mouth food noises are highly irritating to me.

2) His incessant rambling. He really is a talkative guy occasionally. He's the talkative one; I'm the quiet one. And I'm sure he gets bored because I don't talk much, so he tries to get me to talk...usually with inane conversation. Then I don't take the bait, and he ups the ante with bad jokes. Rolling my eyes and sighing don't shut him up, so he goes back to rambling. After 9 years, he realizes he's doing this, so he usually says, "I'll shut up now." Sometimes (okay, most of the time) I just like peace and quiet. And incessant rambling isn't so charming to hear.

3) He clears his throat quite frequently. I shouldn't say much about this area since I have been coughing for 3 weeks straight. When the throat clearing gets annoying, I usually start imitating him, and then he gets the hint.

And that's all, folks. By far, my husband is one of the least annoying people around. 3 small annoying habits. I have at least 10 huge annoying habits and 22 small annoying habits.

May I add one more that just came to mind? 4) Beavis and Butthead impressions. Not too frequently, but occasionally he'll do them. Far less than any other guy I know.

:)

1 comment:

TJ said...

I could write a whole blog on my husband! hmmm... maybe if I did I would write more... interesting thought.