Thursday, August 20, 2009

Starting Fresh

Every day I start the day thinking that it's a new day, and I will abide by my no gluten, no dairy, no pineapple, no cranberry, no banana, no garlic, no asparagus, no egg diet. Plus, I start the day with the best of intentions to stay within my Weight Watchers points. And I proceed to fail. Usually by 11am I have fallen on my tuckus, succumbing to dairy, gluten and already exceeding my points for the day.

I want to succeed. I eat one bad thing, which sets off the first domino in a cascading trail. I seriously need to be in sequestered fat camp with portioned meals until I get over the withdrawal effects to anything tasty.

Today I was craving beef tacos at Taco Time. I pictured them, corn shell with beef, lettuce, cheese, and that token piece of tomato on top. They are pure heaven. I ordered 3 of them although I know I could eat about 8 of them. Those are 15 points right there for lunch, and then I had breakfast, a bazillion snacks, two dinners, and four desserts. Yes, 4 desserts! Costco-sized chocolate muffin, 2 packs of gushers, bag of movie theater popcorn, and two glasses of chocolate milk. I need help. That's practically 2,000 calories for dessert. Ugh, I'm hanging my head in shame.

See? It's no wonder I can't lose weight & keep having my health ailments.

Tomorrow morning is weigh-in, and then hopefully I can really start fresh. I know it's highly improbable for me to stay away from all those foods I can't eat. It turns out (for some very odd reason) that I have an easier time staying away from gluten than from dairy. That's good because I have a stronger reaction to gluten than to dairy anyway. So if I can be relatively hard core about staying away from gluten, minimizing my dairy intake, and perhaps stay somewhat within the vicinity of my WW point allocation, I'll be doing great.

So tomorrow morning I'm starting fresh with a firm goal. Let's take this one day at a time, isn't that what Overeaters Anonymous would preach?

2 comments:

Marie Tere said...

We were destined to be friends. I think (and eat) just like you. I will not be checking in tomorrow, there is no scales at the lake, only food and lots of it!

Leigh Ann said...

I feel your pain....oh how I feel it. I feel like I am in such a rut...
I'm fixing to post a BL09 blog right now..