Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Whatever Makes You Happy

People have all sorts of hobbies. And, really, I am cool with whatever hobby you have. Heck, if you're a dominatrix on the side - that's fine (but please don't recruit me). If you antique shop - that's cool (but please don't invite me). If you sell Pampered Chef, awesome but please don't solicit me more than once a year. I really am fine with almost any hobby that adults do voluntarily.

But I really, really don't understand why my neighbor pressure washes his driveway compulsively for two hours a night at least once a month. Hey, it's his spare time. He can do whatever he wants. I'm not going to stop him (unless it's 11pm when he gets his pressure washing compulsion). My head, though, really grapples with the concept of why anyone would spend so much of his precious free time doing something so non-sensical. I suppose I can grasp why you may want to pressure wash a driveway every 10 years or so. Not that I ever would, but I guess I can grasp the concept of cleaning miscellaneous ick off concrete once a decade. The pressure washing once a month thing is kinda odd. That's more often than some people vacuum the inside of their house.

To each his own, and he must really love pressure washing concrete. Or he bought a pressure washer as a toy to play with, so he uses that as an excuse to play with it. Oh, who knows! I want to tell him that he can pressure wash our driveway if he wants to feel really productive. After all, we've never pressure washed our concrete. The thought has never crossed my mind. I honestly don't think it ever would had I not seen him out there pressure washing. I don't get the point of it, and even if I did grasp the point, I wouldn't use any of my free time outside with the pressure washer.

Dude, whatever makes you happy. And if it raises your property value, which in turn raises our property value, all the better! :)

My neighbors must hate me.

1 comment:

Marie Tere said...

Maybe he's just trying to get out of the house. My thought was, sheesh, what a waste of water.