Friday, June 19, 2009

Cell Phones

Our two-year phone commitment is coming due soon. Oh, what to do?

We have an interesting set-up now. We have our home phone still. And we each have cell phones, but they are add-a-lines to S's parents' plan - based in Arizona. We have cell phones, but they have an Arizona area code. When we renewed our two-year contract last time, we got cute little new phones. Well, I lost mine within a month due to a hole in a purse. S's dad graciously let me use his old phone. The combination of old phone + I don't like phones = I never turn the stinkin' thing on. NEVER.

So we're wondering what to do. As we see it, we have 3 options:

1 - Keep the status quo. Get the free phone upgrade at renewal and carry on as add-a-line on the parents' plan.

2 - Keep the home phone, get a pay-as-you-go plan on our own with a local number.

3 - Scrap the home phone, get phones that also have internet. After all, that's the only way I'll actually use the phone. We actually would both LOVE to have Internet anywhere. Like you're in a store, and see some item. If you want to look at the reviews of it on Amazon, you can do it right there vs. go home, look, go back to the store. I would be in heaven.

But the cost of it would be so much more than it is now. Our home phone is only $25 a month, and we pay S's parents $25 a month for the cell phones. 2 phones with internet would cost much more than that every month. So how much is the convenience worth? That is the question.

1 comment:

Karin said...

I love my phone. I'm actually laying in our hotel room typing on it right now. Never thought I would want an Internet phone.