Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smooshed Teddy Grahams

Two years ago I never thought I'd go out in public with smooshed teddy grahams on my shirt. First of all, I don't think wet teddy grahams would have been anywhere near my shirt. Second of all, I really would thought I would have seen them before I left the house. Obviously things have changed.

Whenever I say anything, Julia disproves it the next day. Welcome to parenthood! However, I will tempt the jinx by saying that Julia becoming 1 has been simply wonderful. The thrush is clearing up, and she is eating! 16 - 20 oz a day + 2 good meals. Her disposition is much better. No more 5 hour screaming sessions. Now she'll still cry, but it's more in anger or frustration. The transition to milk-based formula has gone well. She's on 100% milk-based formula now and is doing okay. She doesn't seem to have any ill effects although the allergist we see on Monday might not like it. Julia really seems to be enjoying life now. She loves playing, games, and smiling. She's even seemed to transition to the one-nap thing! And she's eating all her calories during the day - YIPPEE - and not waking up at night.

It's been quite a turnaround in a few weeks!

The big thing we have to work on is phasing out the bottle and phasing in the sippy cup for more than juice. And of course the transition to whole milk once we get the clear from the allergist.

2 comments:

TJ said...

YAY! I'm glad things are going well for Julia. I love this stage - they are so much more fun to play with and just watch.

Leigh Ann said...

I am SO excited to hear how well she is doing!!!!!! Maybe the thrush was the nasty culprit all along. Here's to FUN blogs about FUN things to come in the next year of our baby chapter!