Thursday, June 25, 2009

Comments and Death

I love my new layout, but I can't make comments. This could be problematic. Hmmmm...I'm having a blog template identity crisis. HELP!

2 celebrity deaths today. Farrah was a tad before my time. I knew of her, but not being a teenager in the early 80s removes me a bit from the situation.

Michael Jackson was so pivotal during my formative years. As controversial as he was, he made stunning contributions to music, music videos, and pop culture as a whole. He was a legend. It's hard to deny that. It's a bit beyond my comprehension that someone who was such a legend could die. He's such a fixture that you thought would be alive and kicking til 90 at least. I wonder if there was anything fishy surrounding his death. After all, he had a big fall since 1993 or so. He was a weird guy, but he had some weird parents and weird early experiences in childhood so it's not terribly surprising that he had a few screws loose.

I wish him peace.

If there are such things as pearly gates, what must the people who died in the late morning must have thought? I'm waiting to get in heaven, and here I am surrounded by Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Duuuuuuude!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I said!