Monday, June 8, 2009

Recent Foibles

Are these Julia foibles or Julia’s parent foibles? And would Julia like me to talk about these things? Probably not.

Incidence 1: Birthday Party Poop Explosion
In an effort to have her dressed and ready to go for her birthday party, we dressed her after breakfast despite the party starting at 1pm. The theory was that she’d wake up from her nap already dressed, so we could just put a comb through her hair, and she’d be ready to go. As you know, things don’t always work out – particularly on birthday party day. She was extremely tired extremely early, so we reluctantly put her down for a nap at 10am. We were hoping for a good 2.5 hour nap, but of course she chose to have an hour long nap. So she was up at 11am. And….she had pooped. I can only remember one other time that Julia pooped while she was in her crib, and she was about a month old. (She usually poops next to the coffee table.) And there was poop all over her sheet, blanket and stuffed bear. Surprisingly, her outfit didn’t seem to get dirty, but who wants to take chances on birthday party day? So we start a load of laundry and had to dry her outfit solo to make sure she could have it back on by birthday party time.

Incidence 2: Tub Poop
Every time I’ve bathed Julia I’ve waited for the tub poop to come. It’s the inner dread I have because it will be a pain to get her clean, get the tub clean, get her non-skid mat clean and sanitize everything else, including toys. And if she poops while she’s in a few inches of water, which of all these do you tackle first? Obviously I need to think about other things when I bathe her because it’s kind of warped and twisted. Is it so bad of me to be thankful her first tub poop occurred when I was at the store? Daddy got to deal with it. Now he’s a pro at this, and now I’m even more paranoid about tub poop since it’s already happened once.

Incidence 3: Humidity
We’ve had a humidifier in her room for the past few weeks since the onset of the croup-y cough. This morning we were playing in her room, and she was getting a bit rambunctious. And she plowed into the humidifier, and it tipped. Water everywhere! There had to be at least a liter of water all over the carpet. I tried to soak it up with some towels, but that’s a lot of water. Oh, where to put the humidifier? I didn’t want to put it on the wood furniture. Unfortunately, there’s not anywhere else to put it. Memo to self: 1 year old + full humidifier = trouble.

3 comments:

TJ said...

We have always had humidifiers for our boys. We put them up on their wooden bookcases but put a towel underneath them.

B said...

Well, see, that's the SMART thing to do! Less accidents. But I'm kinda slooooooow.

Leigh Ann said...

That's just what I was going to suggest. Over the winter when I ran the humidifier, I had it on a bookcase with a thick burp cloth under it.

I have yet to experience the tub poopy! Ricky usually bathes Waylon while I clean the kitchen after dinner. So....he will most likely get that wonderful little experience. I am sure I will be called to the scene.