Saturday, June 13, 2009

Customer Service and Nutrition

It seems like people lament that customer service has gotten worse over the years. I really don't think I have enough data to form any conclusion for myself. However, I do know I had an awesome customer service experience recently. I made a call to a 1-800 customer service line. You know the type --- 10 menus where you key everything in, and you eventually get to a real person and then you have to verify the same things verbally. I posed my question, and the person could have taken the easy route. But she hesitated and said she'd verify, and then when her verification didn't quite pan out, she checked her back-up system. She easily spent 10 minutes with me when she could have let me go much faster. I appreciated that. After the call, I went back to the website and wondered if there was a way to get in touch with her supervisor. I wanted to tell the supervisor that she really was excellent at what she does. Heck, the economy is in the crapper, and all their salaries are probably frozen, so maybe a compliment like that would make her day. I tried and tried, but I couldn't find any way to e-mail them. The only contact information is to just call that same 1-800 number. I guess I could have call the same number and ask to speak to a supervisor. I still remember her name - maybe I should do that.

Today I went to my nutritionist appointment. I went because I'm feeling soooo tired all the time. I know I should be taking a multivitamin and eating better. And, yep, I was told to 1) take a multivitamin, 2) take fish oil, 3) eat more PROTEIN (Mama Marie is nodding her head to that one because she always tells me to eat more protein), 4) stop eating refined sugar - easier said than done, and 5) get various blood tests taken. It's likely the placebo effect, but I must say that I ate 80 grams of protein today and took a multivitamin & feel a whole lot more energetic. Yeah, it's the placebo effect.

4 comments:

Marie Tere said...

I'm glad Mama Marie was right :) I hope this works for you! xoxoxo

Leigh Ann said...

Do call back and try to talk to a supervisor! When I ordered Waylon's birthday cake months before his birthday, I was so at ease with the girl who discussed designing it with me, that I sent an email to the owner telling how sweet they were to me.(was that a run on sentence or what??) When I went to the bakery for a work birthday cake a couple of weeks later, the owner figured out it was me that sent the email. She thanked me so much for sending a nice email. She said they only ever get orders or negative emails and mine was the first complimentary email! Call, you'll make someone else and yourself happy you did :0)
Hope you get some good protein energy!

Ash said...

Just so you know I have to take Fish Oil, and it does help. The downside, it gives you gas, lots of gas. =-)
Ash

B said...

Toot toot-ta-toot! :)