Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Anniversary

This week has been kinda ugh. Work has been full of meetings, and I've been pedal to the metal on getting stuff out the door. It looks like I'm taking Friday off, as is S, so hopefully we can ship J to daycare and have a nice day alone. That's the saving grace!

Then yesterday the flu hit Miss J and me. I was puking, and Miss J has a 101-102 degree fever. It's best that way instead of the other way around; at least she's keeping food down. Today she still had a fever, but no other signs, and thankfully daycare kept her.

Usually she plays and has a ball in the tub. During tonight's bath, she was slumped over and whining the whole time. Other than give her baby fever reliever and keeping her hydrated, I'm not sure that we can do much else. :(

I finally got the box of clothes I ordered online. I tried to err on the side of caution and got things on the bigger side. And, well, they are kinda big. They look okay. I wore the cashmere/wool blend sweater today, and I was itching like crazy. It was a pretty color though!

Today is Tax Day! We moved into our house on Tax Day of 1999, so we have lived in our house for a DECADE as of today. That is soooo crazy. Seriously! It feels like we were kids when we bought the house. I had just turned 21. It's amazing how time flies.

I've been trying to read a book. Now when I want to read a book, I have to read during lunch or maybe 1/2 an hour before bed. Back in the day, I could read for a good 5 hour chunk after work. I miss marathon reading. I remember at my previous job that a lady had a baby, and she would always read while holding her. Either her baby is nothing like Miss J, or I need multi-tasking lessons.

Adios for the evening! I'm going to try to sneak off into la la land and intermittently itch. Even though I removed the sweater, I'm still having phantom itching.

No comments: