Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mixing it up

I try to make this blog a mix of Miss J, my normal but somewhat wacky life, musings about topics that sail through my head, and other things that would be filed under 'miscellaneous.'

Today's embarrassing story is that I had bra 'issues.' I was getting poked and had to secretly adjust myself all day. After a thorough investigation when I got home, I discovered that my underwire broke in the middle. I've never had underwire break before. It is a huge task to hold these DDD babies up all day, but I didn't know they were such monstrosities that they would break metal. Sigh! One more bra bites the dust. When underwire breaks in the middle, it loses all structural integrity and each piece goes in a different direction - causing ouchies and pokes all day long.

If I could actually lose weight, I know I'd lose some boob-age. I look forward to that. My boobs are pretty much useless. They are flipping huge, and you might think that I would be Elsie the Cow. But no, they never produced much milk. Maybe 15 oz a day if I pumped 6-8 times a day. Yep, they're huge AND useless.

Let me deviate to lactation consultants and Miss J. Lactation gave me such a hard time about how little I produced; they said I was starving her. But guess what - this little girl still only eats about 15 oz a day! I probably didn't even need to stop breastfeeding.

Oh well, live and learn, I would say I'll know better for the second child. But who are we kidding?

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Huge and useless boobs. ONLY YOU Beth!!! You so crack me up!!!!!

B said...

I'm glad I'm useful for SOMETHING!