Thursday, April 30, 2009

Icky Errands

Carrie update: She responded to my blog comments, but I haven't seen her over here yet. I also updated the last post with something similar. Leigh Ann and April, I am psycho. You just don't know it yet because I haven't gotten my act together enough to come to Georgia just yet!

--------------------
Some days are just plain frustrating. There has been an ongoing frustration with a specific project I've been trying to get accomplished for a friend. Finally, finally got that sent off to Costco today. Whew! I hate really getting close to deadlines.

Then I used my lunch for errands. It was the most frustrating errand spree ever.

I had to pick up a DVD on hold at the icky library while the main library is being remodeled. The parking lot for the library is insufficient, it is extremely crowded inside, smells like wet dog, long lines. It takes away part of your soul while you're in there; it's so depressing (not libraries in general, but THAT library). If this is a glimmer of what it's like to use public services, then we seriously need to get more funding for social services. I absolutely dread going, but stupid me didn't change the default location of where you can pick up your holds. They have a very small branch in the local mall as well. I need to change my default location to the mall branch.

The sad part is that the library knows the situation that closing the huge library is creating all sorts of problems. From May 1 - May 8, the overflow library will open an hour early. I'm not sure why they'd open it an hour early for only a week. Maybe they are trying to see if opening an hour earlier will make it less crowded during the day. To me it seems like there's a lot of people who stay there all day playing on their computers. But who knows! There are all these signs that remind you that the mall branch is open & that you can go there as well. We can see they are trying to accommodate more people and trying to get people to use the mall branch, but it's still a poor situation. The employees are cranky, probably they get to deal with people who whine and complain about the state of the library all day. I want to whine and complain to someone about it, but these poor employees probably hear about it every 5 minutes. I'll spare the employees my diatribe and tell my blog.

It's just sad and depressing.

So after the sad and depressing library experience, I go to Party City to investigate birthday decorations for Miss J. I have a coupon for $5 off if I spend $25 on "any purchase." Down below in fine print it says that sale and clearance items are not included in the offer. Then why say it can be used for "any purchase" if it can't be? I actually figured that restriction out before I used the coupon. I just found it irritating. And the price for themed consumable paper products is outrageous! I kept my receipt in case I find them cheaper elsewhere.

Then I go to Target to get Julia some Gerber pasta shells & cheese. I had gotten a few varieties of the high calorie dinners for her, and she really seems to like that one. The shells are big enough for her to grab (but not too big), there's some sauce but it's not too messy, she loves it and eagerly opens her mouth once she realizes that it's pasta shells. They were out of stock though. Had every other Gerber meal except for shells & cheese. Then I went to 3 other nearby stores, and they didn't even sell that variety.

I was very cranky about my errands today. I'm still cranky about my errands. In the grand scheme of things, it's silly to be irritated by them. After 4 icky experiences before 1pm today, though, sometimes you just have to write off a day as icky.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Sorry you had an icky day! The invites are J'dorable. Sophie loved it too. Yay for a walk tomorrow!

Kelly said...

I searched and searched for decorations for Jackson's birthday, and I wanted some that were cute and cheap. After many stores I finally found what I wanted at Walmart. They had an entire section devoted to baby's first birthday. Each pack of whatever was $1.44. Hats, table cloths, blowers, balloons, decorations.

B said...

But it's W-W-W-Walmart. Walmart is evil! Thanks for the tip though. :)