Friday, April 17, 2009

Just Slept

S and I were bad. We both took the day off from work and took Miss J to daycare. Well, we pay for daycare anyway, and we don't have anyone else willing to watch Miss J for a few hours. I'm not complaining because I knew we wouldn't ever have a babysitter as we went into this whole genetic science experiment (aka Miss J). My mom is not one of those people who loves being a grandma. She likes Miss J and all, but she's certainly never going to offer to watch her for a few hours. She's more apt to drop by on her way to church for half an hour. Of course, she'll show up while Miss J is napping, and it's the few precious minutes of alone time S and I have on the weekend. So then we have to entertain her, and the minute she steps out of the house, Miss J will wake up screaming from her nap. Oh yay (being very sarcastic)!

Hence, S and I took Miss J to daycare and had a day to ourselves. (Thankfully her temperature seemed normal this morning.) What did we do? After I dropped her off, I came back home & we crawled back in bed and slept until 11:30am. Then we went to Billy McHale's for lunch, walked the very sad local mall, stopped at the library, and came home. Then I took another nap while S watched TV. I was still catching up on sleep at 4:30 when he went to pick up Miss J.

Now isn't that completely scintillating? Sleeping and lunch. Isn't it a completely pathetic waste of a day off? I could do it every day, though. :)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds fabulous! Glad Julia is feeling better.

Leigh Ann said...

"Genetic science experiment" Girl, you crack me UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a baby-less day, I would sleep it away too! In a heart beat!