Friday, April 10, 2009

Really Random

- We got swatches of potential paint colors put on the house. Option 1, Option 2, Option 3. When I got home, S told me to go out and pick my favorite. I told him Option 3 was my favorite, I could deal with Option 1 if he wanted, and please just say no to Option 2. And he said that was the precise order he thought. He said he hoped I didn't like Option 2. Decision made in 2 minutes. Option 3, aka "Rolling Stone." It's a yellowish tan. I just have to call the painters and confirm Rolling Stone, then hopefully the house will be painted next week, weather pending. It's Seattle -> weather definitely pending.

- I have to go to a conference tomorrow for work. Short story is that I forgot to pick up the printouts before I left work. I remembered after I got home. Then I turned around to go back to work, and it just so happened that the conference coordinator had picked them up for me, and she's taking them to the conference. Wasted trip, but I did some food shopping while I was out and about, so I guess it wasn't totally wasted.

- One of the places I stopped was Costco. I hate, hate, hate Costco. Costco's Seattle based, so I shouldn't; I should have allegiance to regional stores. My list of Costco dislikes are as follows: the parking lot mayhem, the line to get OUT the door, you can often get lower prices at the grocery store sales, the pre-chosen flavor variety packs in which I never like all flavors, the long lines to check out - ack!!!!! I don't know why we have a membership other than the gas and because we're splitting it with my mom. We don't even buy diapers or formula there. Diapers are bought at Babies R Us the day after Thanksgiving for $10 a box (about 7-10 cents a diaper). The formula I've been getting off eBay because it's only $16 a can vs. $26 a can in the store. (She's on hypoallergenic Alimentum.)

- Julia has been going to sleep initially very well. Our routine is that I sit on the floor of her room with her at a 45 degree angle so the night light glows on her cheek and she faces her dresser as I feed her. Then I put her into her crib. She turns over on her tummy and crawls to the CORNER of her crib and puts her upper back and legs against the crib slats. I think she's trying to mimic how she laid in the womb. She seriously was always pushing my ribs with her feet. She does the same thing in her crib. One would think she would perhaps sprawl across the length of her crib instead of being in a ball in a corner. S has admitted that he hasn't been able to find her in the crib (yes, it was 3am) since she's all curled up in a corner and taking up about 5% of the whole crib.

- I'm tired and will be going to bed now. Night night.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Isn't it funny how they sleep! I keep a nursing pillow (similar to the boppy, but this one is much flatter) at one end of his crib so he's not flat on his back(helps with the ear draining issue). Well, he might start out on the pillow, but when I go back in there to re-cover him up before I go to bed, he is usually on the other end of the crib, on his belly, on top of all his blankets wadded up underneath him. The most uncomfortable position possible, one would think. So, I pick him up and move him back on to the pillow every night and re-cover him up. I think he moves around a lot at night!! Too funny. I'll take a picture of it and post it.
Oh, and we have "lost" him in there plenty of times. Takes a minute to find him sometimes! lol