Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Following

I follow about 12 blogs. 1 of them is random. As in, she posted to a general discussion board, she posted an intriguing comment, I clicked on her name, and it brought up her blog. She's a cool chick who posts regularly, and I'm following her now. She graduated from college recently and is doing ministry work. She likes a boy and doesn't think he likes her. She wants to lose weight. I identify with her trying to find her place in the world.

I'm pretty sure she can see that I'm following her blog, right??? Does she wonder who I am? Or maybe she can't tell. I have no idea.

A few days ago she posted. I read her blog right away. She changed her blog layout to turquoise and purple butterflies and was asking for feedback. So I was brave enough to comment.

I'm very bad at checking to see if someone responds. Actually sometimes I think I click to be notified of subsequent comments, but it must send it to gmail. And I rarely check my gmail; I use my yahoo. Well, anyway, I purposefully checked back the next day, and she had responded and thanked me.

Mustn't she think, "Who is this crazy, random lady? Do I know her?" So did she go to my blog and try to figure it out? Maybe she doesn't care who I am. But she seems like a very thoughtful young lady who would try to figure it out. On the other hand, she has a public blog, so she must think that anyone who drops on by is fine to read it. I have no idea.

Carrie, if you're reading, I think you're an awesome young lady. I do blog stalk, but I'm not a scary stalker. I just like to read about people's thoughts. And if I read your thoughts regularly, you're super cool in my eyes.

Carrie, if you're not reading, I'm going to start commenting on your blog more so that you will wonder who in the heck Miss J's Mom really is. It's my mission to get you to read this post and comment.

And, Carrie, I am a bit of a nutjob. But not the psycho kind.

:)

P.S. I just posted comments to two different posts. Waiting, waiting, waiting.... I think she's Eastern Time Zone, so the earliest it will happen is tomorrow.

Is it weird to want to establish a blog relationship with someone?

Don't answer that!

EDITED TO ADD: She responded to both my comments on her blog. Oh well, I guess she doesn't care who the crazy lady is who comments on her blog. I was the only comment on both; it's not like she has a zillion comments.

Oh well, maybe someday she'll read this.

And, for the record, Leigh Ann and April, I am indeed crazy and should be locked up in a mental institution. Pronto! Before I come to Georgia and stalk you both.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Carrie...I will vouch for Beth that she is not psycho! I too met her on line through baby center message boards and we've become quite good buddies :)

April said...

Carrie-don't listen to them...Beth is CRAZY!!! Run!

J/k. Beth, the blog world is so weird. I have met people through their blogs and feel like I actually know them, and I leave comments on anyone's blog that I visit more than once. I personally never mind when strangers drop by either of my blogs, but I would rather them comment than not. I hate to think that there is someone creepy enough to just read my blog everyday and I don't know who they are, where they are, or why they read my posts and look at my pictures.

B said...

LA and April, I am indeed crazy. You just don't know me well enough. Wait til I come to Georgia!

April, oh how I know you love comments!!!!!!!!