Friday, April 3, 2009

My First Online Clothes Buying Experience

Yes, I have been buying stuff online since 1999. I have an eBay account, and I have had at least 100 transactions on there. I buy stuff on Amazon, Buy.com, and lots of other places as well. But I have never bought clothing online. There's something about it that really makes me nervous. I want to see the clothing, touch it, perhaps try it on, and if I like it -> I want to take it home NOW! So online clothes shopping has never appealed to me.

Tonight I made my first online clothes purchase. Did I purchase just one thing? Nooooooooo..... that would be too simple. I bought 15 pieces of clothing! I got quite a deal, but I'm still really unsure about the purchase. You know how every brand is sized ever so slightly differently, colors aren't quite the same as the swatch, and so on. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of next week and will give you a full report.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Well, helloooooooooo..WHERE did you get such a deal???? Do share!
I don't buy that many clothes online these days. But back in the skinny days, I wore OUT Victoria's Secret clearance sales online! Not the lingerie, the jeans, tops and sweaters. I probably have a dozen pairs of skinny VS jeans packed away in a tote, up in the top of my closet. I WILL be back in those jeans, by the way :) Anyway, these days, it's hard to know what my fat butt will fit into without trying things on. It's much easier to shop online if you are thin!
Let us know how you like your order!!

Leigh Ann said...

I didn't write that very well. What I was saying here...."Not the lingerie, the jeans, tops and sweaters." was that I did not buy the lingerie. I bought the jeans, tops, etc. Sorry, that was poor sentence structure! ;0)

Unknown said...

Well Beth I understand your feelings towards buying clothing online, I used to feel the same about touching before I buy but once you start online shopping you never want to turn back. I buy nearly all my gear online now from many different websites including Next Clothing and I have never been disappointed with the quality of the garments and the clothes feel new and not like they have been tried on over a hundred times.