Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cleanse or No Cleanse?

I was in the car today, and I hear a commercial for Evercleanse. The makers of the cleansing program claim there can be 10-25 pounds of toxic crap that is clinging to your colon walls. Now that is an intriguing thought, huh? Of course they say you can get rid of it all if you go on their cleansing program.

Can you picture yourself cleansing out your 10-25 pounds worth of toxic crap (pun intended)? I know they are trying to get you to imagine yourself 10-25 pounds lighter, but I - the sicko that I am - prefer to dwell on the fact on how you're going to get that much extra tonnage out of your body. It does not sound pleasant.

I really don't think there can be that much just hanging out in your colon. I'd buy 2-5 pounds. Not any more than that. If you're on a cleanse, I'd bet most of the weight loss is due to living off of fiber juice for a week. After you incorporate "real" food, you'll gain most of it back.

I suppose the real test is if I would go on a cleanse. Wouldn't you love to hear about my progress on a cleanse???????

Tummy still hurts from pizza at lunch. Stay down, food, stay down.

2 comments:

April said...

I am way too immature to take anything like that seriously. Let me know how that works out for ya ;-) and YES I would actually like to hear about it. Gosh, I am so gross....

B said...

I don't think I'm brave enough to commence the experiment!