Thursday, April 16, 2009

Goal #1 Reached!

I've been trying so hard to lose weight in 2009. I really can't blame the pregnancy for getting me up so high. I lost 30 of the 40 lbs I gained within 3 weeks of having Miss J (probably breastfeeding helped). So I should have only had 10 pounds to go. But the kicker was that I gained 15 lbs on my maternity leave. Me staying at home within arm's reach of the fridge and pantry at all times was awful for the waistline. Finally, yes finally, I'm back to my 3 week post-partum weight since I lost those 15 maternity leave pounds & I'm so happy about it! Ha, isn't that funny that I was striving for my 3 week post-partum weight???

So now I'm striving for my 8 week pregnant weight. I'm not calling it my pre-pregnancy weight because I gained 5 pounds between my pre-pregnancy and 8 week appointment weight. If I can get to my 8 week pregnant weight, then I'll worry about getting to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Am I confusing anyone? Yeah, I probably should just put numbers, but I don't want to do that until I actually have something to be proud of. Right now the numbers are still too depressing.

In 2009 I've tried a number of strategies. Counting calories, walking every day, The Firm, Shredding, Weight Watchers, and probably a few others. As long as I have the time in the day, I can exercise. I actually don't even mind doing it. My big problem is that I'm soooo starving after exercising. Then I eat something bad, and that negates all the exercise. I had high hopes for shredding, but then I ended up gaining 4 lbs in 2 weeks. That was really discouraging.

So far what has seemed the most helpful is focusing on lowering food intake. Counting points. As much as I associated counting points with counting calories, it really is different. Why? Because if you're out of points at the end of the day, you have zero point options out there. If you run out of calories, on the other hand, you are basically relegating yourself to water or diet soda.

Getting sick twice in a month has helped as well. But I don't advise it.

I hope to keep up the momentum on my way to getting down to my 8 week pregnant weight. Roughly 10 pounds to go!

1 comment:

April said...

Congrats Bethany! That's fantastic!