Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Easter (technically)

Happy Easter! I wish everyone a wonderful and peaceful Easter. I had to work Saturday, and it was so cute because there was an Easter hunt where I was working. So many little kids, all holding their Easter baskets and sooo excited to see the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny was a little anorexic looking in my estimation, but the kids didn't seem to mind.

Today Miss J is up to 18 oz of formula!!!! She'll likely wake up again around 3am, and she'll likely drink another ounce or two - so she may get to 20 ounces!!!! The downside is the only real solid we got into her is a container of her yogurt. It was a real fight to even get that into her. But I'm soooo much more happy today because she ate a good amount of formula (for her). 18 oz concentrated is like 22 oz of "normal" formula. We can be certain she's not dehydrated, and it's far less worrisome when she takes a bottle willingly or with only a couple of tries vs. repeated outright refusal.

A sigh of relief. However, it begs the question why she reversed her position of eating solids and refusing formula. I have no freaking clue. S watched J while I worked today, and he said there was a mysterious thing that she "passed" - if you get my drift. A big chunk of something. Apparently he started digging around and tried to investigate the chunk. He couldn't figure out what it was made up of. Perhaps that had been stuck in her gut, and she had no appetite until it passed???? Who really knows??? The moon could be aligned with the sun today, as far as we know.

I just had to share my excitement. I have no idea what kind of food day Julia will have tomorrow. It's the roulette game we play, but it takes the edge off because we know that at least Saturday she had a good amount of fluids + the vitamins in the formula.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I like the new layout! I still don't have the hang of all you can do with this blog. My SIL Misti has hers set up all cute, but I'm just plain jane.
Woooooo Hooooooo for Julia! Waylon and I said a very special prayer for her yesterday morning. So...I am going with the answered prayers theory!!!
We will keep praying and she will keep eating! Sooooo happy for her!! :)

Kelly said...

It's only us mom's and dad's that understand that need/desire to "dig around" in a diaper. LOL
I'm glad to hear she's doing better with the formula. At least there's lots of calories in that, and the regular food can go on a back burner until she's ready.
Happy Easter!