Monday, May 18, 2009

Pictures & Cherries & Biopsies

I love that cherry season is starting. Eating bowlfuls of cherries for breakfast, lunch and dinner makes me happy. Did you know that you can eat a pound of cherries for 5 Weight Watchers points? Last summer I ate at least 40 lbs of cherries. I love cherries that much.

We had professional pictures of Miss J taken on Saturday. The whole time I had flashbacks of the one and only other time we had professional pictures taken of her. That was when Julia just turned 5 months old. The photographer wasn't good combined with Julia couldn't do a whole lot. She didn't sit quite yet, and she hated being on her tummy. So the one pose they did was her laying on a pillow, all while she looked terrified.

This time went a whole lot better. Julia's more at peace with herself. She can do a whole lot more. The photographer was better. I tried to tame her hair. I tried to pick a cute, timeless outfit that would commemorate her being 1. It all came together well, I think. It would have been nice if she gave a few more smiles, but all told - we're happy with the shots we got.


I called on the biopsy results. Her esophagus looks okay. There are more than the expected number of white blood cells in her stomach and small intestines. The doctor is going to look at them further and call me back soon.









4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

The one with her looking down is my favorite! Now I want to get Waylon's pics done....thanks! ha ha
I love cherries too, but hate to deal with the hassle of seeds. Maybe I'll get some anyway if I can have a lot of them for few points :)
I am sitting on pins and needles to find out what the doc says about Miss J.....

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, and I LOVE the outfit! Perfect!

April said...

I love the pictures! She is so beautiful! I hope you hear back from the doctor soon, I will be praying for miss J!

Ann said...

Julia is beautiful. I heard The Pampered Chef makes a great cherry pitter..