Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Steps

Julia has been stepping since last Friday, May 7th. She's taken at least 2 steps each day. I don't call it walking; it's stepping! She's fairly cautious, and she will only do short steps into our arms. Yippee for stepping!

The older kids at daycare love Julia. It's weird how they prefer her over the other babies. I'm not sure if it's because she's a girl or if she laughs at them or she follows them around or what. They dote on her so much. Today a little girl brought in her old clothes that she wanted Julia to have. Awwwwwww. I will totally take used clothes, particularly ones she can wear to daycare since she ends up so messy there. In the bag was the cutest princess outfit with wings. I have a feeling that it will be Miss J's favorite outfit sometime soon. If it was a bigger size, I'd want to wear it!

We're giving up the prospect of her ever eating all the baby food we have. I've given some of it away to a friend, and I've bagged up the rest and am going to take it to the food bank. Buh bye, baby food! I had bought 100 jars back in January, and I've given away 50 of them. And the other 50 - well, most of those ended up in the trash with only a few bites taken. We never even tried Stage 3 since Stage 1 and 2 went over so poorly. She really likes those pasta containers of Gerber Graduates instead. Yep, she's like her mom. I can live on pasta.

On the down low, (whispering) perhaps starving her on Sunday night and Monday morning was a blessing in disguise. We haven't given her reflux meds for 4 days. And she seems to be doing okay without them ... so far.

She's been doing better with lidded cups with straws. Still choking a little, but seems to be getting more fluids.

Still haven't heard anything on the biopsies. I presume it's one of those things that no news = good news.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Congrats on the steps! Boy, you can come shop in Sophie's closet anytime. It's crazy! Alot of stuff was only worn once! I'm praying for good news! I'm sure you are right, no news is good news.