Wednesday, May 6, 2009

And so it's true

Jon of Jon & Kate + 8 is seeing another woman. Oh man, sometimes I hate for all the tabloids to be right.

I feel bad for those kids. They didn't ask to be put in the spotlight and have every event of their lives filmed (including being on the potty and getting bathed and doctor's appointments). And now their family's dirty laundry is the headline of every news organization. The older two are going to get even more negative attention at school. It's really starting to spiral.

My suspicion is that they've been separated for about 6 months. I've been told the episodes in the latter half of this past season were very choppy, and usually only one parent was with the kids at a time. Yep, likely separated, but still doing the show. Putting up the charade to make more money. Money before those sweet children's privacy, right, J & K?

I'm one of those people who believe that you shouldn't stay together just for the kids. But even if you divorce/separate, the first priority for both parents should be the kids.

But their first priority when they were together wasn't the kids. It was money and fame. So how can we expect them to put the kids first in these troubling times?

Urge TLC to stop the show, stop exploiting the kids, and perhaps let the family heal or let them deal with all of this privately.

5 comments:

Ash said...

Ash---I saw an interview with the woman and she said they were just friends. So I don't think they are broken apart.

B said...

The plot seems to have thickened with several more sources, Ash.

And US Weekly is pretty good about checking their sources.

Kate basically admitted that something was going on as well.

The poor kids are the ones stuck in the middle of this. So very sad.

Leigh Ann said...

This is really sad :( I know most people don't like her, but I really did like Kate! I hate to see this happen. Maybe with counseling, they can pull it back together.... I HATE to see families broken apart.

April said...

Not that I care about things like this but.......Kate, from what I have seen on that show over the past few years, is nothing short of mean, degrading, and rude to her husband. It doesn't mean that she deserves to be cheated on, if that is in fact what happened which I will choose to doubt since the tabloids will say ANYTHING to drum up a good story, but I can certainly see how someone married to her would feel insecure, used, and often times humiliated in public. Again, IF he was having an affair which I will once again state that I don't really believe, I can see how it could have happened, but of course, it is certainly not excusable.

People will believe whatever they want to. The public has already decided that Jon is a scumbag who cheats on his wife and the mother of his 8 kids. And she is the over bearing and bitchy wife who drove him into the arms of another woman. Their wholesome image is tainted and I feel sorry for them for that. The public is very unforgiving, regardless of how forgiving they are with each other.

B said...

April, I agree that Kate is mean and degrading, and I agree that doesn't mean she deserves to be cheated on. I hate to be glued to the entertainment news, but how this unfolds is infinitely more interesting than my boring life.

LA, it is indeed very sad. I don't like the lady from what I've seen, but I don't wish her any ill will.