Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bring Sexy Back

I am totally bringing sexy back with this horrible cough I've got. I think it might be allergy/sinus related. I sound like I've been chain smoking for the last 20 years, and I might feel like it too.

I'm almost one week into no dairy. Well, it's been really, really modified. It's more like "limit ice cream and pudding, just say no to cheese, say okay to milk in sauces." Huh? Yeah, basically I'm really cutting back cheese and somewhat cutting back ice cream. I never, ever would have thought dairy would be harder for me to cut back than gluten. Bread and I are like the original BFFs, or so I thought. I guess it turned out I had a closet BFF in cheese. After a week of no (or little) cheese, I'm feeling pretty good...other than the whole smoker cough thing. It might be too early to say that cheese is a huge trigger for me, and I mourn the day I say buh bye to it. But maybe after a few months of no cheese, it will be something I no longer crave (huh?) or I'll be more easily able to incorporate small amounts of it into my diet.

Eye doctor on Thursday. Have I ever said how much I dislike the eye doctor and the glaucoma test and the 1 or 2, 3 or 4 crap? Humans are irrational. I had horrible experiences at the eye doctor for the first few years I went, and I will forever be fearful of optometrists. For a few years as an adult, I had a great eye doctor, but then he retired. So now I'm back to not having a permanent eye doctor, which means it's back to the luck of the draw. And I don't mind dealing with the luck of the draw when it deals with dentists or even general practitioners. When it comes to my poor, weak eyes, I really want someone who will understand.

Massage on Thursday. Deep tissue, yum! I've never had a real deep tissue massage by a licensed professional. We will see how this goes. At the mall, there are these dudes that offer to massage you, but it seems weird to be rubbed by a guy in the middle of a mall. Doesn't it? And why should you have to pay a guy to rub you? Most will rub you for free. :) This massage is courtesy of my lovely husband, something about payment for tolerating 8 of his family members staying with us for 2 weeks...or something like that. So it's a 1 hour deep tissue massage by a licensed professional at a spa. Full report on the deep tissue massage on Thursday. I think it will be the highlight of my week. That or the eye doctor, tough call, huh?

2 comments:

Karin said...

Dr Kathleen Kinney on 3rd in Seattle is great! Eye dr appts suck, but Dr Kinney made it tolerable. You'd prob have to bus home though...

Enjoy the massage :)

B said...

Thanks for the recommendation!