Saturday, August 21, 2010

The "Maybe I don't hate Chase as much" post

Last week I scored a super deal.  I got 5 shirts for $1.39 total, including tax.  That's like 28 cents per shirt.  Awesome deal!  Combine a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon with a mega clearance sale, and you end up with a smokin' deal.

I really don't like Chase Bank.  I've said it enough.  I don't like going into there because I always get detained and cornered.  There are never any envelopes to the ATMs, so I can never make a deposit through the ATM.  But now....they have added the feature that you can make deposits via iPhone.  Holla!  I tried it out last night, and it worked.  Score!  There's a deposit maximum of $1,000 a month via iPhone, but it's not like I ever deposit that much.  It's those small $7 checks or $22.67 checks that I end up with.  Believe me, if you sent me a check over $1,000, I wouldn't mind taking it to the bank personally.  :)

Saturday mornings before Julia were always so nice.  The slower pace of the morning was phenomenally awesome.  We'd usually wake up around 9am.  Then S and I had this thing of laying in bed and having these very long and drawn out conversations that would go something like this:

"What do you want to do today?"
"I don't know.  What do you want to do today?"
"How about we just lay here today?  I wish we had a personal chef to serve us breakfast."
"Yeah, that'd be great."
"So what should we do today?"
" Take a bath, play a game, eat, take a nap, eat again.  Then have some ice cream and go to bed."
"Sounds fabulous."

By the time this conversation was done, it would be 10am.  The transcript would pretty much be the above repeated about 20 more times.

Then I'd take a bath.  Sometimes my dear husband would join me.  I would lay in the bath, read a book, ponder life, or just put my head under the water and see how long I can hold my breath.  Cuz I'm weird like that. 

By the time I got out of the bath and was dressed (remember...this is Saturday morning time when it takes you 10x longer than normal to do ANYthing), it would be 11am.  We still hadn't eaten breakfast at this point.  But because it's 11am, then most restaurants are now open.  I think we both know this, and that is why we move at a glacial pace on Saturday mornings.  One of us looks at the clock and says, "Hey, we should do brunch."  The other says, "Sure, where should we go?"  Then there's another few minutes of debating between favorite places.  By the time we get to the lunch venue, it's almost noon.  We eat, and depending on where we're at, we either poke through Target, the mall, or the grocery store.  Although I don't advise going to the grocery store when you're completely stuffed because nothing looks interesting, and you end up with two things - if that.

By now, it's 1-2pm.  Gosh, it's been such a hard and difficult morning that I need a nap.  :)  By the time I wake up, it's 4-5pm.  Oh, it's almost dinner time.  What should we do for dinner?  I dunno, how about we play a board game while we figure it out?  Two or three board games later, it's dinner time.  Let's throw something together to eat.  Time for my nightly walk!  Usually I could drag my dear husband with me, by the time we get back it's probably around 8pm.  Time for ice cream, and then he'd watch some sci fi show while I read, or we'd play another board game.

After a very tough and grueling day pondering what to do and eating and napping, it was time for bed.

I solemnly swear that accurately captures about 40% or more of our Saturdays pre-Julia. 


I'm working on a long post hopefully to be posted Sunday.

No comments: