Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just a short one

I'm tired. And sick - finally went to the doctor. So just a short one tonight.

My two weeks of cutting back on dairy has been completed. Final verdict: my stomach has never felt better. Dang it. Cheese and I are BFFs. But it's a toxic relationship. I lust after it, and it puts me through the ringer. Hence, I need to keep my distance as much as possible. This is gonna be hard.

I'm so glad my hosting of 11 people for dinner/snacks/Bunco is over. It had been nagging at me, and I'm just glad it's done. It went fairly smoothly.

I took some pictures of my friend's newborn today. I have to do some minor editing. Overall, though, I think they turned out very, very well.

In there somewhere today, I went to the doctor for this awful cough, which isn't going away & I'm coughing up colors of the rainbow that I shouldn't be. The doctor thinks it's allergies. She says I'm draining quite a bit of liquid from my sinuses. (Last year I had surgery to widen my sinus drainage holes, and consequently I went to the doctor last August for the same thing as now.) So the theory is that due to my heinous allergies, my sinuses are producing copious amounts of drainage, most of which is draining into my throat, but some is getting diverted to my lungs. Lungs don't like sinus drainage in them, and hence my horrible smoker cough. She said I need to take Flonase religiously on top of Zyrtec. And I should also take albuterol. Blech.

When I had a hacking episode tonight, I was coughing up Flonase tasting stuff, so I guess the doctor might be right. My sinuses are draining into my lungs. Lovely. So if I hadn't messed with my sinus drainage holes, I wouldn't be draining into my lungs. But my sinuses would be killing me with all the drainage that couldn't get out. Fix one problem, create another. Sheesh.

No comments: